We are knowledge partners to our clients. Our expertise is based on long experience in theory and practice. In all activities our aim is to contribute to wealth creation and sustainable development of the creative sectors.
About the Company
From Past to Present
OK Consulting was founded at the end of 1997 by Henry Olsson (LL.M.) and Tarja Koskinen-Olsson (MBA). The combination of their legal and business knowledge, great global networks and internationally acclaimed professional reputation as well as long experience on the ground lay a solid ground for the company.
During the years 2003–2021 OK Consulting offered education and training, consulting and dispute settlement services. Different organizations in all parts of the world used the company as their trusted knowledge partner. Throughout the years hundreds of participants especially in developing countries enjoyed the benefits of different training courses and used publications written by Henry, Tarja and later on also Mari.
The other founder of OK Consulting, Henry, passed away in July 2021. He had dedicated most of his career to intellectual property rights, leaving a great legacy in the field of IP law. Henry was known worldwide for his vast experience, deep knowledge and understanding of intellectual property rights as well as his diplomatic skills, ability to maneuver in international settings and most of all his friendly personality. His legacy will live on in his publications and teachings as well as many fond memories.
Mari joined the company full-time in 2019 as a Project Manager planning and executing different types of trainings and other projects together with Tarja. In the fall of 2022 she was promoted to Chief Operating Officer taking on the responsibility for all operational matters in the company. Tarja continues as Board Chair.
The company has evolved over the years and adapted its services to the changes in the operational environment, including digitalization and the global Covid-19 pandemic. However, the core still remains the same: a combination of legal and business expertise, global networks and real-life experience offered now by Mari and Tarja. The work that was started already 25 years ago continues!
Vision, Mission & Values
Our work is guided by our vision, mission and values. These are reflected in the company’s strategy and all assignments that we handle. To us these are not just mere words but guiding principles that we live true in our actions.
Vision: Enhancing creativity worldwide.
Mission: We provide expertise and experience in copyright and related rights.
Values: Customer orientation, understandability and reliability.
About the People
My core competences include exercise and management of copyright and related rights. Good business practices and solid management are close to my heart. As International Adviser I serve creators and other rightsholders worldwide.
- International Adviser at Olsson & Koskinen Consulting, 2003–
- COPYRIGHT CLEARANCE CENTER, Board of Directors, 2009–
- NORCODE (Norwegian Copyright Development Association), Vice-Chair, 2010–2015
- Chief Executive Officer at KOPIOSTO (Joint Copyright Organization), 1987–2003
- Assistant Director at TEOSTO (Finnish Composers’ Copyright Bureau), up to 1986
- Chair of IFRRO (International Federation of Reproduction Rights Organisations), 1993–1999
- Honorary President of IFRRO, 2001–2009
- Member of the High Level Expert Group on the Digital Libraries Initiative of the European Commission, 2006–2009
- Member of WIPO Stakeholders’ Platform facilitating access to copyright works for visually impaired persons, 2008–2010
Chief Operating Officer
My core competences are IPR legislation, management of copyright and promoting good governance. I have experience in capacity-building, legislative reforms as well as legal consulting and legislative research. Empowering rightsholders and helping the creative industries thrive in a sustainable manner are my passions.
I am happy to be your knowledge partner or project leader, don’t hesitate to contact me if you need a talented legal professional with business understanding, international experience and strategic management skills.
- Study Module in Corporate Responsibility
Hanken School of Economics, Finland, 8/2022–7/2024
- Study Module in Microentrepreneurship
University of Oulu, Finland, 30.6.2022
- Bachelor of Social Sciences
Helsinki University, Finland, 5.3.2008
- Master of Laws
Helsinki University, Finland, 30.1.2004
- Chief Operating Officer at Olsson & Koskinen Consulting, 8/2022–
- Project Manager at Olsson & Koskinen Consulting, 2019–8/2022
- Legal Counsel at Sanasto (Finnish Literary Copyright Society), 2018
- Legal Counsel at The Association of Finnish Non-fiction Writers, 2011–2017
- Legal and Administrative Advisor at Olsson & Koskinen Consulting, 2015–2016
- Product Manager at Edita Publishing Ltd., 2008–2011
- Researcher at Olsson & Koskinen Consulting, 2006–2007 & 2008
Professional positions of trust
- Olsson & Koskinen Consulting, Member of the Board, 2021–, Vice Member of the Board 1997–2021
- European Writers’ Council, Copyright Working Group, Member, 2017
- Sanasto (Finnish Literary Copyright Society), Member of the Board, 2012–2013, 2017
- Elektra and Peri+- electronic article database services, Member of the Board, 2012–2013, 2017
- Tekijäfoorumi (Forum of Authors), Member of the Executive Committee, 2016–2017